If you want to enjoy your meals properly, then you should cook them using a grill.
Grilled dishes are usually tasty as they are cooked using the food’s natural oils and juices and this gives the dishes an amazing taste and flavor.
You also won’t have a lot of dishes to clean up afterward if you prepare the meals using a grill as the dishes are cooked over a burning flame and this eliminates the need for cooking pans.
You will, therefore, have enough time to bond with those who you are sharing the meal with.
Of all the grill models that are available in the market, gas ones are among the best that you can get.
Such devices are easy to use, cook fast and efficiently due to the vents.
To make sure that you don’t struggle when choosing yours, I have come up with this guide on the best gas grills under $400 that that will help you find the right one.
|Top||Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill||Check Latest Price|
|Top||Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, Black||Check Latest Price|
|Top||Char-Broil 463274619 Performance Series 6-Burner Gas Grill, Stainless/Black||Check Latest Price|
|Top||Royal Gourmet SG6002 Cabinet Propane Gas Grill, 6-Burner, Stainless Steel||Check Latest Price|
Which is the Best Gas Grills under $400?
Gas grilling is the most popular as all that you need is a propane tank and a good cooking device to work with. These are easy to control due to the vents and temperature buttons.
If you want to cook with ease and have control over the fire then take a look at these models that are the best in the price category.
Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
- Easy push button electronic pulse ignition system ensures quick start-up; 390 sq in of primary cooking space; 507 sq in of total cooking space.
- (2) Heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in foods natural juices
- (3) Stainless steel commercial grade straight burners for performance and durability (3) Steel Heat tents protect the burners and flavor foods
- Infinite control valve options provide flexibility and the best grilling performance and experience
- Double wall stainless steel lid assembly to retain heat includes temperature gauge; Side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG300C (sold separately)
Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 3-Burner LP Gas Grill is one of the excellent models that exist in the market for a few hundred dollars.
With 390 square inches of primary cooking space and 117 square inches of warming rack, this unit is one of the largest that you can get if you are fond of hosting outdoor parties. It weighs 76 pounds.
The power and the burners
There is additional space on the foldable side powder-coated steel shelves that you can use as a prep area and for storage. Each table supports up to 25 pounds.
This grill has 3 commercial grade straight burners that can produce about 36,000 BTU of heat for your cooking needs.
The burners are made of stainless steel and this enhances their performance and gives the ability to withstand a lot of heat and harsh weather elements.
It has a pulse ignition button that makes starting it up very easy. Other than that, it comes with a temperature gauge and knob that allow you to monitor and adjust the temperature when cooking.
Get it today and experience the best grilling performance. It has heavy gauge porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and infinite control valve options.
This model features a double-wall stainless steel lid, integrated tool hooks, and towel bars.Check Reviews On Amazon
Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
- Your purchase includes One Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill in Black color
- Grill dimensions: Lid Open - 57H x 48W x 26D. Lid Closed - 44.5H x 48W x 27D. Each cooking grate is 10.16” x 17.5, for a combined measurement of approximately 20.32 x 17.5
- Propane gas grill works with Standard 20 lb LP tank.
- Features: Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates, porcelain-enameled lid, iGrill 3 compatible (accessory sold separately), Built-in lid thermometer, Fold-down left side table, Open cart design, Fuel gauge, Stainless steel heat deflector, Panel frame
- Two burner grill is built to fit small spaces, and packed with features such as the powerful GS4 grilling system
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Weber never disappoints when it comes to outdoor cooking appliances and this Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 model is another of their amazing creations.
You will have about 450 square inches of the cooking area (360 + 90) when you choose this grill for your outdoor cooking needs.
This is enough for you to prepare your steaks, burgers, and hot dogs at a go, and this will ensure that you complete cooking your meals in a short period of time.
Ignition and cooking grates
It has an improved infinity ignition system that will help you get it up and running in no time. The grates are made of cast-iron which is strong and quite durable.
They, therefore, won’t get damaged easily and this will ensure that you get to use them for a long period of time.
The grates are also coated with porcelain enamel which gives it a smooth finish and makes cleaning them very easy.
The model has a built-in lid thermometer, a fold-down left side table, an open cart design, a fuel gauge, stainless steel heat deflector, a panel frame, 6 hooks, and a powerful GS4 grilling system that will level up your cooking experience. It is iGrill 3 compatible.Check Reviews On Amazon
Char-Broil 463274619 Performance Series 6-Burner Gas Grill
- 6-Burner gas grill packs a ton of grilling features into a sleek stainless steel cabinet design
- This grill is made to last, with porcelain-coated cast iron grates that are rust-resistant and easy to clean
- Porcelain coated grates are rust-resistant and made to last
- This grill features an electronic ignition to instantly Ignite the burner. Its simple and practical
- 15, 000 BTU sear burner for locking in juices & grilling up flavorful steaks
- power_source_type: Propane
This high-performance grill is what you need if usually host large groups of people in your home.
With 6 durable stainless steel burners that can produce in excess of 60, 000 BTU of heat (a side burner can produce 15,000 BTU), you can use it to prepare different meals for your guests and do it in a short period of time as well.
Cooking space and material
The cooking area is roughly 650 square inches which means that you can prepare all your dishes at once, thereby saving yourself a lot of time. It has a warming rack (205 sq. in.) that is perfect for sauces and side dishes.
Its exterior is made of stainless steel which protects the grill from damage caused by outdoor elements such as rain and snow.
The grates are made of porcelain-coated cast-iron grates that are easy to clean and are rust-resistant.
It uses an electronic ignition which gets the unit ready for use in a short period of time. The unit features a durable removable porcelain-coated grease pan for simple cleaning.
You will be able to prepare 28 – 32 burgers at a time on this 127.7-pound grill. The product has two stainless steel doors to keep your grilling things and a propane tank out of sight.Check Reviews On Amazon
Royal Gourmet SG6002 Classic 6-Burner Stainless Steel LP Gas Grill with Sear Burner 71,000 BTU
- 5 stainless steel tube burners (10,000 BTU each), plus sear burner (12,000 BTU) and lidded side burner (9,000 BTU); Total 71,000 BTU cooking power achieves even heat and juicy flavor
- Porcelain-enameled cooking grates and warming rack offer a total of 797 square inches cooking area, which is consisted of a primary cooking area of 598 square Inches and a secondary cooking area of 199 square inches
- Heavy duty full stainless steel double-layer lid for heat retaining; Built-in thermometer ensures accurate grilling zone temperature measurement
- Electronic ignition system offers quick start-up with every easy push; Metal side shelf offers additional prep and work space
- Removable grease tray for convenient cleaning; Cabinet with stainless steel doors for storing BBQ tools with 4 lockable casters
This is another 6-burner grill that you can get for less than $400.
The 6 burners can produce over 71,000 BTU of heat which is sufficient for you to prepare all the grilled dishes that you love.
It has a sear burner and a lidded side burner. This model weighs 114.6 pounds.
Cooking area and grates
It has a large cooking area (797 square inches) that will help you prepare all your meals at the same time. The primary cooking area has 598 square Inches and the secondary area 199 square inches.
The cooking grates are made of heavy-duty cast iron and coated with porcelain for effective protection from heat generated within the model and outdoor elements. It also has a warming rack.
Its electronic ignition will help you get it ready for cooking in a short period of time.
This unit has a heavy-duty full stainless steel double-layer lid and a built-in thermometer for accurate grilling zone temperature measurement.
This model features two metal side shelves. With a grease tray, your cleaning will be easy as you just pull it out and wash.
This grill features four lockable wheels and a cabinet with stainless steel doors for storing BBQ tools and other stuff.Check Reviews On Amazon
Gas grills 101
These grills use gas as the primary source of fuel. The fuel, in this case, could be either propane or natural gas.
There are some, however, that can run on either of these fuel supplies, though they are not that many on the market.
When buying a grill, you should make sure that you can easily find replacement options for your tank.
A failure to do this could see you miss out on the juicy dishes that you love as a result of having an empty tank.
Other than the type of gas that these devices run on, the price is another factor to consider. The cost of a grill can be as much as $1,000, but you don’t have to pay that much to get a decent model.
For half of that amount, you can get a good device that will never disappoint you when it comes to preparing the tastiest of meals.
The size of it matters too, will you cook for a bunch of people or just for you, your partner, and some friends? Choose the size you need.
The portability depends on the unit’s weight, size, and if it has wheels or not. Most of them have at least two wheels so you can grab on side of it and pull it where ever you want.
However, you can also get one with 4 wheels that is easy to transport.
Also, think about temperature control, does it has vents, heat knobs, and a temperature and gas gauge, how easy it is to clean it, are side shelves there, and does it have a warming rack to place the cooked food and buns on.
Which gas grill to choose?
Preparing your meals with a gas grill gives you better control of the cooking temperature as most usually come with a temperature gauge and control knob.
Choosing one of the best gas grills under $400 will help you to prepare enough food at a time for your party crowd so go ahead and pick the one that you think fits you the most.